Friday 2 August 2013

Alacrity.... beauty of a word

..... "Embrace change with alacrity and you’ll find that the stars help you achieve one of your most cherished dreams." Part of my horoscope for the day... don't know what I originally planned to write with that. I just thought this was such a wonderful addition to my vocabulary.... alacrity.... sounds so pretty...

So, there was that.... the other few things worth mentioning are... I am doing a decoration project at home.... we are talking tile stripping, floor sanding, wall painting, the whole shebang, minus the sledge-hammer. Today, I went to the hardware store and found the most incredible putty knife. It's got a curve to help scrap the rollers and I am so absolutely excited about it!!!! It's really sharp too, so I will be done scrapping the remnants of glue off the floor in no time.

the final thing is just a note on "awkwardness". It came to me this morning and I feel I need to share it... So, many people think that awkwardness is weird, unpleasant, unacceptable if you will. After all it is awkward right, otherwise there would be a different term to describe it. But to me.... it is something that needs to be embraced more often.... why are things awkward in certain circumstances? If you say it, it helps to alleviate the pressure, but it's still there, in the air somewhere.... what really needs to be done is to take a deep breath and absorb all the awkwardness that situation has to offer and accept it's presence. And move on... Again, I feel it's something that is awesome and it makes so many people uncomfortable, but really that uncomfortableness is okay too.... we don't have to be comfortable all the time.... and just letting things be helps.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment