Friday 12 July 2013

My Birthday ....

Even though my birthday was yesterday and naturally in the past. It is totally worth sharing how my day was. It started out quite well and continued from that point onward.

I had two mud baths to soothe my mosquito bites. I had my chiropractic appointment. My morning was most wonderful indeed. I started my shift at nine and when my darling Karen* came in at 12 pm. it was lovely. She allowed me to switch shifts with her so that I could have the nine to five shift, instead of closing, as a birthday present. Beautiful of her.

Shortly after she arrived, we were putting away glasses when I was like "Ted*, Ted, Ted he has to come in"... Mmmmmmmhhhmmmm (Breathe that in) surely shortly afterward, he came in. he was behind me when I turned around to be happily surprised and to greet him pleasantly with a HUGE smile. :) He made a point to let me know he was drinking water and asked if it was okay. hmmmm. Of course it is (Teddy Bear ), I said to him. Karen* and I were talking earlier about what she would say to him upon his presence. And she walked right up to us after knowing he was there and pelted out a,  "Guess who's birthday it is?" He knew instantly it was mine. Aw, yes he did!!!! :) She was a little uneasy and rough around the edges but completely adorable. I love her! :)

After drinking some love infused water, he wished me a happy birthday and said that he'd see me later. Oh I looked forward to it. Every moment he is around I am just astoundingly and amazingly happy. I feel he notices too. My friend shared with me the tantra stare. 30 seconds, look into each other's eyes and open your heart chakra. I did it, but only for 15 seconds.... the second time around.  He came in after my break, synchronistically and wonderfully. I took his order too. Marco Polo tea and a magic bar. he is SO dreamy, his blue eyes get me every time. :) He commented me on my earrings.... or lack there of. He asked why I wasn't wearing any? And that I always am wearing interesting earrings. I told him, "new policies". And he seemed quite surprised when he responded with a "really?". I told him it sucks because it's one of my forms of self expression and it kills me not to be able to express myself. He laughed a little bit wished me happy birthday for the second time and shot me an incredible smile. He also asked if I had plans and I told him my friend was taking me out to dinner and that, that was it. And as I passed him his tea I told him I remembered his cold water room. He thanked me and shot me another one of his wonderful smiles and that was that. My Ted encounter for my birthday. Stupendous. Mhhhmmmmm.

After work now:

As I was heading home. I remember coming across some free stuff. Side walk goodies. I picked up a garment of clothing, from Indonesia, among other things. Gorgeous piece. This was on Kendal st. in Toronto's Annex. I continued along Wells and came along the street just off of St. Alban's park only to meet a dead baby hawk. That spirit animal is one of my totems, so it hit me hard to see it there, laying flat on the cement road. I needed to honour it's soul. SO that garment of clothing I found a few moments earlier. I wrapped up my Sacred friend in that and took it home.

I was meeting my friend for dinner soon so I had to be fast in what I needed to do to tend to the body. ie. I had to ensure where I placed it was safe. I shared the story with my sister and she and I went back to locate more feathers. So that all of it was in it's rightful place.

I had to leave to meet K* and I knew from the moment I found Spirit Hawk and wrapped it in that article of clothing that I needed to perform a ceremony to honour it's spirit. So after dinner with K*, we decided on a movie, which ran until 1am. I came home to write what I needed to share with Spirit Hawk and I gathered the items I needed for my ceremony and headed out to my Sacred Space. A tree in a park I go to OFTEN to hug. This was around 2:50 in the morning. I took the shovel and began digging. And by 3:15-3:20 ish I placed the body into the ground and performed my sacred ceremony that will now be my birthday ritual. :)

I had severely mixed feelings about this final event to conclude my b-day. I was heartbroken and sad to learn of baby Hawk's passing, yet at the same time because everything happens for a reason and there all encounters are meaningful in life I was and continue to be entirely grateful that Spirit Hawk's teachings and medicine have come back into my life. ONe thing about the hawk is, once it enters your life as a totem, it's presence is permanent. It is always there and on my birthday too, WHAT A GIFT FROM THE UNIVERSE! :) :) :)

So that was that. This morning I woke up early considering my 4am bedtime. And I knew I had to complete the ceremony so I brought some Sage to burn at my Sacred Space and I created an emblem of the Native Symbol (Circle with the divisions in the centre to symbolize life.), of sticks collected from the park.  I made up a song and sang it. Beauty. I felt released and vastly lighter when this ceremony was complete. :)

At the time my spirit animal got hit, I felt a sharp pain in my heart. It was powerful and it speaks of the depth of our connection.

* name altered

No comments:

Post a Comment