Saturday 21 September 2013

dream of the Underworld?

I had a dream last night, actually about a 45 minutes ago that I was awoken from. Someone who I do not talk to anymore and is barely in my life, I ran into her while I was still in Charlottetown (where I came back from nearly a month ago now). She looked sad and we hugged as she told me her mom had apparently died. That's huge I thought.... I mean a parent. Someone who raised you to be the person you are (not in all cases) today. So we went to the yoga studio that my friend and I had just come out of, and talked.... minimally, until my alarm went off.

I was interested in going deeper, yet waking up with such vivacity. I knew I had to do something to find out what I could.

I typed in "death in dream" into the search bar on google.. The hits were not of liking. I then typed in, "death of an associate's parent dream" and got something that resonated. It was in an article called,  Dreaming of Death and Dying: The Meaning of Death Dreams. A good read. 

I was particularly struck with feelings of negativity. It was just a powerful, sharp dream that was painless. This is what I read from that article that made my spirit speak "Some believe that death is a positive sign that the dreamer will have prosperity and longitivity." 

Usually, when I have a dream, it is representative of something happening in the peoples' lives that I have dreamt about, however symbolic dreams are of the dreamer's inner world....

Here, I will send her a message, ask if things are good.

It's grey skies where I am. A perfect day to read and catch up on some University assignments.

Love. Enjoy your beautiful days that are! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment