Sunday 22 September 2013

The Message.

"The Message Silence, They Say, Is The Voice Of Complicity. / But Silence Is Impossible./ Silence Screams. / Silence Is A Message, / Just as Doing Nothing Is An Act. / Let Who You Are Ring Out and Resonate / In Every Word and Every Deed. / Yes, Become Who You Are. / There's No Sidestepping Your Own Being / Or, Your Own Responsibility. / What You Do Is Who You Are / You Are Your Own Comeuppance. / You Become Your Own Message. / You Are The Message"- Leonard Peltier

This quote has inspired me. I read it when I went to see the Ghost Dance Exhibit at my School's Art Gallery. It's on Native Peoples and a part of their history, some at Wounded Knee, The Oka Crisis. The Art is compiled in such a way to evoke emotion. Doesn't all art do that in some form or another? Singing, music can bring someone to tears, bring courage and strength to one's heart, make one smile. A painting, sculpture, photo or otherwise can move someone to Silence. Even Nature, which is to me, the truest of the Artforms can render someone speechless. It often does that to me, time and time again. Art is powerful and art is intricately interwoven within our own fabric as BEings and two-leggeds that walk the Earth....

This brings me to citing two of my favourite quotes... One that I see, ever so often at the The Big Carrot, a health food store in the East end of Toronto on a pillar, just in their courtyard that I infrequently go... "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart"- Helen Keller mmmmhmmmm, breathe that in... so gorgeous.

The other quote is one I said about my body being Nekkid... It just so happened to be on the Internet too. It was for a friends project, which now has exploded into a new form of thinking- Body Pride of one's self in the human form.... Here is my quote "I have been blessed to receive the gift of my beautiful body from Creator God (my precious friend, Nicole’s words) I love it, I’m proud of it, I’ve embraced it, in all it’s glory. It’s my living human art form, and it’s gorgeous.” – Natasza O.F. " 

All of us are PERFECT just the way we are and we need to start and continue to embrace all the beauty and gorgeousness that is our BEingness. 

I was writing a journal entry for my homework; my Philosophy readings and I was so tempted to say that there is no Universal viewpoint. But there is....The Universal viewpoint is LOVE. and it would have taken a lot longer than the 200 words I had left remaining for my assignment, to explain that, but it is so true.... the language we all Understand is Love.... After all, it is our very core. We may not know how to define it, but we know how to express it and live by it.... Again, it comes back to Helen Keller's quote.... the best and most beautiful things are felt through the heart.

mhhmmmmmm, breathe that in. 

Today I have to do something, say something to a friend that a care for. The depth of my caring has not yet been experienced by myself or the individual involved. It is something that is unfolding as it does and I have no expectation on how the day will prevail, namely, just this event. However, I am nervous and calm at the same time. Being in his presence is soothing, yet I am a mess, emotionally & mentally. 

I'll be able to hold it together though. I am strong, I am fierce, I am confident and I am courageous. Among many other things. 

Chi mig-wetch Universe, Chi mig-wetch for it all!!! 

Oh yeah, for those of you interested in seeing what my friend has to offer... her page. http://tobeaslut.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment