Sunday 13 March 2011

I was the one who let the friendship go because blood is thicker than water, so why do I feel like you should still pay me the respect or decency that I feel I deserve as a person. A person that was a part of your life at one point in time, an important part. Did I hurt you that badly that you can't acknowledge who I was/am?

I guess the title of "nobody" is pretty darn accurate to what I put you through and what I am to you now.  A senseless body just floating by, passing you nowhere, avoiding seeing you, living in the same neighbourhood but never acknowledging it- a stranger, a nobody.

I sometimes, recently it has been more frequently than not, wonder how you are, but I do not deserve to know. I hurt you, I know that much, as if it isn't clear enough.  And I lost the privilege to know how you are a long time ago. It's something a friend is warranted but I'm not, not anymore because I am not your friend.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about you from time to time and wonder what's been going on in your life. I do, I still do. As proof I am not an entirely heartless person.

It isn't important that we vowed to never break each other because that's exactly what I did, I broke you. When I told you I no longer could be your friend. I no longer wanted to. Just as it may have seemed that you lost someone who meant a lot to you, so did I,  I lost someone special too. Of course I realize that now with you not in my life. Even though I know it was for the best. We were too, far too different people. And honestly it would have been taboo for us to continue to hang out.....

Maybe I am so far off. Maybe you think that I didn't have enough respect for you, or tact in doing what I did the way I did it. But it was for the best. Sometimes things hurt and you can't exactly heal properly until you let people go, and make peace with their absence. Although constant reminders of them in your life are recurring.....  Fuck, I hate that and fuck,  I still want to know if you destroyed and discarded that picture of me, I gave you..... I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment